i come to you in pieces so you can make me whole
Can You Handel It?
If the title didn’t tip you off already, this is a list of facts about composers
- Only one person walked with Mozart’s coffin from the church to the cemetery where Mozart was buried in an unmarked pauper’s grave.
- Johannes Brahms did not publish his first symphony until he was 43 years old.
- Ludwig Van Beethoven’s last words were: “I shall hear in heaven!”. Beethoven was deaf for the last few years of his life.
- Hungarian musician Franz Liszt received so many requests for locks of his hair that he bought a dog and snipped off patches of fur to send to admirers.
- After attending the first performance of Mozart’s opera The Marriage of Figaro, the Emperor Joseph II’s only comment was “Too many notes”
- Tchaikovsky suffered from many mental breakdowns and neuroses. He believed that his head would fall off, so when conducting an orchestra he would hold his chin with his left hand
why oh why
haven’t you been there for me can’t you see
i’m losing my mind this time this time
bE calm bE CALM be CALM be calm
becomes a kpop idol
ok ok real quick 2012 highlights:
- i graduated (yay education)
- went to manila for the first time—as an adult—and stayed at a condo
- vomitted in the taxi cab on our way to ocean park
- saw penguins and touched (artificial) snow
- sea lions
- gone to bohol
- saw a bunch load of movies and tv shows
- read some books
- started learning java and php
- drank a lot
- i’m sure
- i did
- some other things
Toothpaste For Dinner comic: the creative process
Yup. GO GREEN GO!
"You don’t know anyone at the party, so you don’t want to go. You don’t like cottage cheese, so you haven’t eaten it in years. This is your choice, of course, but don’t kid yourself: it’s also the flinch.
Your personality is not set in stone. You may think a morning coffee is the most enjoyable thing in the world, but it’s really just a habit. Thirty days without it, and you would be fine. You think you have a soul mate, but in fact you could have had any number of spouses. You would have evolved differently, but been just as happy.
You can change what you want about yourself at any time. You see yourself as someone who can’t write or play an instrument, who gives in to temptation or makes bad decisions, but that’s really not you. It’s not ingrained. It’s not your personality. Your personality is something else, something deeper than just preferences, and these details on the surface, you can change anytime you like.
If it is useful to do so, you must abandon your identity and start again. Sometimes, it’s the only way.
Set fire to your old self. It’s not needed here. It’s too busy shopping, gossiping about others, and watching days go by and asking why you haven’t gotten as far as you’d like. This old self will die and be forgotten by all but family, and replaced by someone who makes a difference.
Your new self is not like that. Your new self is the Great Chicago Fire—overwhelming, overpowering, and destroying everything that isn’t necessary."
Julien Smith (via cityyandcolour)